Sunday, February 27, 2011

Childhood

Hello there!

It's been a while, but here I am, still waiting for the photos to arrive and start the photo project. We'll see how it ends.

But now, I want to write about what happened to me today. My mom decided to take all my old VHSs to the storage room. It was kind of sad. I was watching my whole childhood vanishing before my eyes. Old memories came to me: hours and hours in front of my old TV and video player learning the dialogues and songs that I still know by heart...

I'm looking at the empty space that just hours ago was full of memories, laughter, music and wonderful times. It's weird, because I'm old enough to know that all of that was far behind my back, but I still feel like a child (I know it is so, because I still live with my parents). It's scary when you know that you have grown up and have to face the world. I think I'm in shock. Maybe it's because now I'm thinking of my granny, who watched most of the films with me -along with multiple soap-operas- and she's long gone now. Damn, I hate that feeling. The feeling you have when you think all is healed and forgotten, but it shakes your entire body the second memories strike yor mind.

I don't know if all of this is making any sense. Just wanted to share this felling of emptiness I'm having right now... God, I'm delusional, don't I?



No comments:

Post a Comment